You are here

Driving licence obtained in the EEA

If your driving licence was issued by a country of the European Economic Area (EEA), you may legally drive in France and in Europe without having to carry out any administrative procedures. Your driving licence suffices.

In the event of your committing a road traffic offence resulting in your licence's restriction, suspension or in a loss of points, you will be required to exchange your driving licence for a French licence at the local prefecture.