You are here

Do I need a residence permit?

Stays of over 90 days in France are regulated. In most cases, in addition to requesting a visa prior to his/her departure, the visiting scientist must also request a residence permit upon his/her arrival. The same procedures apply to the scientist’s spouse accompanying him/her to France.

The specific type of residence permit to request, as well as the associated procedures for its attribution and renewal, may vary according to the particular situation and nationality of the scientist and his/her spouse: